Alberta Express Entry Stream (AAIP)
Find if you are eligible for Alberta Express Entry
The Alberta Express Entry stream is a route for skilled workers who wish to immigrate to Alberta, Canada through the federal Express Entry system. Altogether Alberta is one of the few Canadian provinces that has its own immigration program, which is allows them to nominate candidates from the federal Express Entry pool.
To be eligible for the Alberta Express Entry stream, candidates must have an active profile in the federal Express Entry system at the same time meet the eligibility criteria for at least one of the federal economic immigration programs: the federal Skilled Worker Program, the federal Skilled Trade Program, or the Canadian Experience Classes.
Additionaly Candidates also need to show a strong connection to Alberta through one or more of the following factors:
- Job offer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Degree from an Alberta post-secondary institution.
- A close relative who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Alberta.
Also, If candidates meet the eligibility criteria and have a profile in the federal Express Entry system, they can create an Alberta Express Entry stream profile through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) portal. The Government of Alberta will then review the profiles and select candidates based on Alberta’s employment and economic development priorities.
If selected, candidates will receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Alberta, which allows them to apply for provincial nomination. Once they receive the nomination, they can apply for permanent residency to the federal government. A provincial nomination greatly increases your chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence through the Express Entry system.
Overall, the Alberta Express Entry stream provides a path for skilled workers to immigrate to Alberta, as the province selects candidates with skills and experience that match its economic needs.
Selection, notification and eligibility requirements verry if you are a general Express Entry program candidate or a applicant under the Accelerated Tech Pathway.
For Notification of Interest letter (NOI) you must have:
- Active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool
- Your primary occupation in federal Express Entry pool is an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- You must stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta
- You must have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (SCR) score of 300
Other Factors that can increase your chances
Meeting one or more of the following adaptability factors.
- Alberta job offer
- Complete UG or PG from Canadian post-secondary institution
- you have a blood relation like parent, child, or siblings who are permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen in Alberta
- Your first language is French.
Other Minus Factors
- Express Entry profile expires in 5 months or less
- Primary occupation in federal Express Entry profile:
- is on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Albertaset out on the online Government of Canada Refusal to Process a Labour Market Impact Assessment list
- is on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list
- has a high volume of submissions across all AAIP streams