MN Group


You can study in Canada without a study permit if:

  • The duration of your course or program of study is six months or less; and
  • You will complete your course or studies within the time you are allowed to stay in Canada.


  • Even if you do not need a study permit, you may want to apply for one. If you decide that you want to continue your studies in another program after you complete your short-term course or program and you do not already have a study permit you will need to apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for the study permit.
  • If you would like to receive a study permit for short-term studies, your studies must be at a designated learning institution.
  • You must apply for a study permit if your main reason for coming to Canada is to study for more than six months.
  • You may need to leave Canada to go for an interview. If you do, please ensure you bring all the documents you need to enter that country and return to Canada.